This year we will be running our courses on our very own 18 acre piece of raw land in the high desert of south central Oregon. This land is deep in National Forest on territory of the Klamath tribes (Klamath, Modoc, and Yahooskin). The land features high elevation sagebrush, deep canyons of the Sycan River, rocky outcroppings and mesas, creek access, and endless Yellow Pine forests. At Wudang White Horse we believe in the process of stepping outside of the comforts of society, and returning to the rhythm of Nature.
Students will camp in whatever personal gear they bring, such as: tent, wall tent, bell tent, van, camper, or trailer.
Outdoor bucket or solar camp showers provided.
Outdoor composting toilets provided.
Laundry will be done in town on rest days.
Good Verizon cell service available as well as the opportunity to do online work on rest days in town.
Outdoor Kitchen equipped with gas stoves, counter space, some cookware and utensils. Students will bring their own cooler and ice for food storage, as well as 1 tote with lid for dried food storage. If traveling by plane we can provide cooler space and tote. Potable water is provided but can also be supplemented with your own store bought water, or may be hauled from creek and purified.
All meals each individual is responsible for themselves or can collaborate freely with others. Students will do all of their own food shopping in town on rest days. Students will bring a week’s worth of provisions at a time and prepare their own meals in the student kitchen. Students can collaborate for meals if they want to and occasionally we will have organized group meals. Those traveling without a vehicle, we will take you to the store for provisions when we pick you up. If you are not arriving with your own vehicle, you will get a ride into town and help with food shopping from students or instructors on rest days as well. Closest town is Klamath Falls, which is 45 minutes away from our training grounds.
All students will be responsible to contribute to work duties of maintaining facilities used such as training spaces, outdoor kitchen, solar showers, composting toilets, etc.
Most of our training and class time will occur in the beauty of nature and outdoor training platforms, however we also have a covered space for protection from rain or sun, and for specific lecture style classes.
Please contact us with any concerns or questions on Accommodation and Living.
LIST OF THINGS TO BRING FOR APPRENTICESHIP:
- Shelter- e.g. camping tent, wall tent, bell tent, tipi, van, trailer, you choose! Remember to bring a headlamp or flashlight. We highly recommend also bringing a camping chair to sit in.
- Warmth- e.g. sleeping bag, sleeping pad, blankets, pillow, sweaters, jackets, plus layers, t-shirts and clothing for warm sunny days.
- Water bottles, cup for drinking
- Food utensils such as fork, spoon, plate. Highly suggested to bring a cooler for cold food storage, plus a tote for dried food storage
- Gear- running shoes or training shoes, training clothes, meditation cushion, knife for carving (we recommend morakniv) and primitive skills, foam roller, sunscreen, bug spray, jump rope.
- For courses with weapons training, arrange with us in advance whether you will be bringing your own sword/staff/fan, or if we need to pre order one for you.
- Notebook/ journal/ pen